I specialise in:
- Reportage photography of schools
- Images of children in action at school, whether it be taking part in sport, study or drama
- School interiors and exterior photographs
- Staff portraits
- Communicating with both children and staff to help them feel relaxed and at ease
- Supporting schools to develop strategic photography as part of their overall marketing plan
- Close-up imagery of artwork and products made by children
I love photographing within schools and capturing the the vibrancy and diversity within the learning environment. My photography supports schools with their online presence, enabling them to represent the quality of the education and teaching that they offer pupils. I can produce a set of images that schools are proud to use in their marketing material.
I enjoy showcasing children and teaching staff by capturing them at work or play. I have a passion for connecting with those I photograph and really enjoy enabling people to feel relaxed in front of the camera. This helps me to create images of people who are happy and authentic.
Photographing in a school often requires a lot of planning ahead. I help schools to prepare and plan a photoshoot to ensure a wide variety of images are included. I have worked with an array of local authority and independent educational establishments over the years, from inner city schools and colleges in London, to small rural primary schools and academies.